Close Menu
Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Bitcoin to zero? Google searches for the term hit record in U.S. as BTC price drops

    Willie Colón, Pioneering Salsa Icon, Dead at 75

    Burnley ‘disgusted’ by racist abuse sent to Hannibal Mejbri

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    YouTube
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Trending & Viral News
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    Subscribe
    You are at:Home»Sports»Burnley ‘disgusted’ by racist abuse sent to Hannibal Mejbri
    Sports

    Burnley ‘disgusted’ by racist abuse sent to Hannibal Mejbri

    Earth & BeyondBy Earth & BeyondFebruary 21, 2026002 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Burnley ‘disgusted’ by racist abuse sent to Hannibal Mejbri
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Burnley say they are “disgusted” by online racist abuse that was directed at midfielder Hannibal Mejbri after the Clarets’ Premier League match at Chelsea.

    Mejbri was sent the abuse on Instagram following Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge.

    The Tunisian shared an image of the abuse on Instagram and in another post wrote: “It’s 2026 and there are still people like that. Educate yourself and your kids, please.”

    Burnley said the post has been reported to the police and Instagram owner Meta for further investigation.

    “There is no place for this in our society and we condemn it unreservedly,” the club said in a statement.

    “The club continues to be unequivocal in its stance – we have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination.

    “The club has reported the post to Instagram’s parent company, Meta, and expects a strong response from them, together with the Premier League and the police, and will work to ensure that the individual responsible is identified and investigated.

    “Hannibal will receive the full backing from the club and from the Burnley fans, who we have already seen condemning the abuse. There is no room for racism.”

    In Saturday’s game, Mejbri was on the receiving end of the foul that earned Wesley Fofana his first yellow card, before the Chelsea defender was later sent off for a second bookable offence.

    In November last year, Preston North End’s Milutin Osmajic was given a nine-game ban and fined £21,000 after being found guilty of racially abusing Mejbri during a Championship game against Burnley.

    BBC Sport has contacted Meta for a response.

    Abuse Burnley disgusted Hannibal Mejbri Racist
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleIfy Nwadiwe wants Henry Cavill to nerd out about Warhammer on Um, Actually
    Next Article Willie Colón, Pioneering Salsa Icon, Dead at 75
    Earth & Beyond
    • Website

    Related Posts

    How Michigan rode a supersized frontcourt to No. 1

    February 21, 2026

    Fulham: Marco Silva on his enduring intensity and the ‘huge transformation’ at the club as Cottagers push for Premier League and FA Cup rewards | Football News

    February 21, 2026

    Football gossip: Mateus Mane, Liam Delap, Robbie Keane, Casemiro, Harvey Elliott

    February 21, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Latest Post

    If you do 5 things, you’re more indecisive than most—what to do instead

    UK ministers launch investigation into blaze that shut Heathrow

    The SEC Resets Its Crypto Relationship

    How MLB plans to grow Ohtani, Dodger fandom in Japan into billions for league

    Stay In Touch
    • YouTube
    Latest Reviews

    How Michigan rode a supersized frontcourt to No. 1

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 21, 2026

    Fulham: Marco Silva on his enduring intensity and the ‘huge transformation’ at the club as Cottagers push for Premier League and FA Cup rewards | Football News

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 21, 2026

    Football gossip: Mateus Mane, Liam Delap, Robbie Keane, Casemiro, Harvey Elliott

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Blackpink Share New Song “Jump” Amid Deadline World Tour: Watch the Video

    July 13, 202541 Views

    Bitcoin in the bush – crypto mining brings power to rural areas

    March 25, 202513 Views

    Honor of Kings breaks esports attendance Guinness World Record 

    November 10, 202511 Views
    Our Picks

    Bitcoin to zero? Google searches for the term hit record in U.S. as BTC price drops

    Willie Colón, Pioneering Salsa Icon, Dead at 75

    Burnley ‘disgusted’ by racist abuse sent to Hannibal Mejbri

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Earth & Beyond.
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Newsletter Signup

    Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest product or an exclusive offer.

    Enter your email address

    Thanks, I’m not interested