Close Menu
Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    How to Watch the 2026 BAFTA Awards Online: Free Streaming, Schedule

    The Hundred: ECB warns franchises against snubbing Pakistan players in March’s auction | Cricket News

    35 years ago, Bride of Re-Animator cast a spell with its horror effects

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    YouTube
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Trending & Viral News
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    Subscribe
    You are at:Home»Sports»The Hundred: ECB warns franchises against snubbing Pakistan players in March’s auction | Cricket News
    Sports

    The Hundred: ECB warns franchises against snubbing Pakistan players in March’s auction | Cricket News

    Earth & BeyondBy Earth & BeyondFebruary 22, 2026002 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    The Hundred: ECB warns franchises against snubbing Pakistan players in March’s auction | Cricket News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The England and Wales Cricket Board has written to every team in The Hundred to remind them of their responsibilities around discrimination ahead of March’s player auction.

    The BBC reported earlier this week that the four Indian-owned franchises in the competition – Manchester Super Giants, MI London, Southern Brave and Sunrisers Leeds – would not consider signing Pakistan players due to ongoing tensions between the countries.

    The ECB said in a statement earlier this week that they expected all eight side to “reflect” that the Hundred was open to players from anywhere.

    Now it is understood that an email has warned action would be taken if there was evidence of ignoring cricketers based on nationality.

    Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player


    Harry Brook hoping Pakistan players will not be overlooked for The Hundred


    England captain Harry Brook says it would be ‘a shame’ if Pakistan players were excluded from playing in The Hundred

    Franchises could be referred to the independent Cricket Regulator, although the ECB may also look to take separate action.

    A total of 67 Pakistan players – 63 men and four women – have submitted themselves for the auction across March 11-12 in London, including Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shadab Khan, Haris Rauf and Naseem Shah.

    Two Pakistan players – Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim – featured in the 2025 edition of The Hundred, which was the last before private investment.

    The four sides without IPL affiliation are London Spirit, Birmingham Phoenix, Trent Rockets and Welsh Fire.

    There has effectively been a blanket ban on Pakistan players appearing in the IPL since 2009, while few have also appeared in other franchise leagues with Indian owners.

    England white-captain Harry Brook, who will play for the Indian-owned Sunrisers this summer, was asked on Saturday about reports of Pakistani cricketers being excluded from The Hundred, which will run from July 21 to August 16.

    Brook, currently leading England at the T20 World Cup in India and Sri Lanka, said: “Pakistan have been a great cricket nation for many years. There’s some amazing cricketers and they bring some great crowds as well.

    “It would be a shame to not see some of the Pakistan players in there and make this tournament and competition even better.”

    auction Cricket ECB franchises Marchs News Pakistan Players snubbing warns
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous Article35 years ago, Bride of Re-Animator cast a spell with its horror effects
    Next Article How to Watch the 2026 BAFTA Awards Online: Free Streaming, Schedule
    Earth & Beyond
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Hearts: Narrow wins ‘bedrock of success’ as leaders edge Falkirk

    February 22, 2026

    Cameron Boozer, No. 3 Duke knock off No. 1 Michigan

    February 22, 2026

    The Genesis Invitational: Rory McIlroy lies second but six shots back from leader Jacob Bridgeman after third round | Golf News

    February 22, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Latest Post

    If you do 5 things, you’re more indecisive than most—what to do instead

    UK ministers launch investigation into blaze that shut Heathrow

    The SEC Resets Its Crypto Relationship

    How MLB plans to grow Ohtani, Dodger fandom in Japan into billions for league

    Stay In Touch
    • YouTube
    Latest Reviews

    Hearts: Narrow wins ‘bedrock of success’ as leaders edge Falkirk

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 22, 2026

    Cameron Boozer, No. 3 Duke knock off No. 1 Michigan

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 22, 2026

    The Genesis Invitational: Rory McIlroy lies second but six shots back from leader Jacob Bridgeman after third round | Golf News

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Blackpink Share New Song “Jump” Amid Deadline World Tour: Watch the Video

    July 13, 202541 Views

    Bitcoin in the bush – crypto mining brings power to rural areas

    March 25, 202513 Views

    Honor of Kings breaks esports attendance Guinness World Record 

    November 10, 202511 Views
    Our Picks

    How to Watch the 2026 BAFTA Awards Online: Free Streaming, Schedule

    The Hundred: ECB warns franchises against snubbing Pakistan players in March’s auction | Cricket News

    35 years ago, Bride of Re-Animator cast a spell with its horror effects

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Earth & Beyond.
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Newsletter Signup

    Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest product or an exclusive offer.

    Enter your email address

    Thanks, I’m not interested