Close Menu
Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    How Much Melatonin Should You Be Taking? (2025)

    Is Bitcoin Bull Market Over? Key Indicator Diverges from Prices as Flows Continue to Lean Bullish

    Resurrection’ Said Goodbye To Iconic Character

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    YouTube
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Trending & Viral News
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    Subscribe
    You are at:Home»Entertainment»Teenager Convicted in Terror Plot Against Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna
    Entertainment

    Teenager Convicted in Terror Plot Against Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna

    Earth & BeyondBy Earth & BeyondAugust 27, 2025002 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Teenager Convicted in Terror Plot Against Taylor Swift Concert in Vienna
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The 16-year-old who helped prepare a failed terrorist attack at a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna, Austria, last year has been convicted in Germany, reports the BBC. Mohamed A, a Syrian national living in Germany who was 14 at the time of the planned attack, made a full confession to the charges. He was given an 18-month suspended sentence under juvenile criminal law in Berlin court yesterday (August 26). Prosecutors claimed Mohamed A was radicalized by Islamic State terrorist group propaganda online when he helped the other two would-be attackers by translating bomb-building instructions from Arabic.

    Concert organizers called off all three of Swift’s shows at Vienna’s Ernst-Happel-Stadion last August after police were informed of a credible threat. Nearly 200,000 people had been expected to attend the concerts. Ultimately, the plan was thwarted and nobody was harmed.

    Police arrested three people in connection with the alleged terror plot. Main suspect Beran A, an Austrian man who was 19 at the time of his arrest, remains in custody and an investigation into his role is ongoing. (Investigators allege Beran A also planned to carry out an attack in Dubai in March 2024, notes the BBC.) The second suspect, who was 17 at the time of his arrest, has since been released without charge. Mohamed A was the third suspect, and while he could not be held in custody because of his status as a minor, he was charged by German prosecutors back in June.

    “Having our Vienna shows cancelled was devastating. But I was also so grateful to the authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives,” Swift said in an Instagram post after the reason for the Vienna tour dates’ cancellation became public knowledge. “Let me be very clear: I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows. In cases like this one, ‘silence’ is actually showing restraint, and waiting to express yourself at a time when it’s right to. My priority was finishing our European tour safely, and it is with great relief that I can say we did that.”

    Concert Convicted plot Swift Taylor Teenager Terror Vienna
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleThe 10 | September Standouts From Years Gone By
    Next Article 7 Warm-Up Exercises Trainers Never Skip Before Their Workouts
    Earth & Beyond
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Resurrection’ Said Goodbye To Iconic Character

    August 29, 2025

    Hisense TV Deal: Save Up to $3,500

    August 29, 2025

    International Feature Oscar Submissions Kick Off

    August 28, 2025
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Latest Post

    If you do 5 things, you’re more indecisive than most—what to do instead

    UK ministers launch investigation into blaze that shut Heathrow

    The SEC Resets Its Crypto Relationship

    How MLB plans to grow Ohtani, Dodger fandom in Japan into billions for league

    Stay In Touch
    • YouTube
    Latest Reviews

    Resurrection’ Said Goodbye To Iconic Character

    By Earth & BeyondAugust 29, 2025

    Hisense TV Deal: Save Up to $3,500

    By Earth & BeyondAugust 29, 2025

    International Feature Oscar Submissions Kick Off

    By Earth & BeyondAugust 28, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Bitcoin in the bush – crypto mining brings power to rural areas

    March 25, 202513 Views

    Israeli Police Question Palestinian Director Hamdan Ballal After West Bank Incident

    March 25, 20258 Views

    How to print D&D’s new gold dragon at home

    March 25, 20257 Views
    Our Picks

    How Much Melatonin Should You Be Taking? (2025)

    Is Bitcoin Bull Market Over? Key Indicator Diverges from Prices as Flows Continue to Lean Bullish

    Resurrection’ Said Goodbye To Iconic Character

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2025 Earth & Beyond.
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Newsletter Signup

    Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest product or an exclusive offer.

    Enter your email address

    Thanks, I’m not interested