Close Menu
Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Eric Dane’s Friends Start GoFundMe To Support His Family

    Football gossip: Mateus Mane, Liam Delap, Robbie Keane, Casemiro, Harvey Elliott

    How to install Stardew Valley mods

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    YouTube
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Trending & Viral News
    Earth & BeyondEarth & Beyond
    Subscribe
    You are at:Home»Trending & Viral News»US military strike kills three in second alleged drug boat attack this week | US military
    Trending & Viral News

    US military strike kills three in second alleged drug boat attack this week | US military

    Earth & BeyondBy Earth & BeyondFebruary 21, 2026002 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    US military strike kills three in second alleged drug boat attack this week | US military
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The US military launched a strike on an alleged drug smuggling boat in the eastern Pacific on Friday, killing three men in its second strike this week.

    “Intelligence confirmed the vessel was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Eastern Pacific and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations,” US Southern Command, which oversees operations in Latin America and the Caribbean, said on Twitter/X.

    No US military forces were harmed, according to Southern Command, which is now led by Gen Francis Donovan.

    Friday’s strike brought the total number of people killed in US strikes on suspected drug-smuggling boats since September to at least 148. Earlier this week, another US military strike killed 11 people, making it one of the deadliest attacks this year.

    A 16-second clip posted by the Southern Command on Friday shows a single strike being launched at the boat, which later burst into flames.

    The strike is part of the Trump administration’s buildup of US forces in the region to allegedly intercept drug traffickers.

    Just how legal these strikes are has been of rising concern for lawmakers and legal experts, with some arguing that the Pentagon is carrying out extrajudicial killings and exerting “abuse of power with life-or-death consequences”.

    “Under both U.S. and international law, it is flagrantly illegal to use the military to kill civilians suspected only of crimes,” reads a December statement by Jeffrey Stein, a staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and Christopher Anders, director of the Democracy and Technology Division at ACLU. “Civilians, including those suspected of smuggling drugs, are not lawful targets. Just because the Trump administration says these strikes are firmly grounded in law doesn’t make it true.”

    Donovan took over the US Southern Command after Adm Alvin Holsey abruptly retired, reportedly over disagreements about the strike policy.

    alleged attack boat drug kills military strike Week
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleThe latest skincare fad is rubbing salmon sperm on your face
    Next Article How to install Stardew Valley mods
    Earth & Beyond
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Trump calls supreme court loss on tariffs ‘deeply disappointing’ and berates ‘certain’ justices – live | Trump tariffs

    February 20, 2026

    Trump says he’s considering limited military strike against Iran

    February 20, 2026

    Police search of Royal Lodge continues as Andrew released under investigation – live updates | UK news

    February 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Latest Post

    If you do 5 things, you’re more indecisive than most—what to do instead

    UK ministers launch investigation into blaze that shut Heathrow

    The SEC Resets Its Crypto Relationship

    How MLB plans to grow Ohtani, Dodger fandom in Japan into billions for league

    Stay In Touch
    • YouTube
    Latest Reviews

    Trump calls supreme court loss on tariffs ‘deeply disappointing’ and berates ‘certain’ justices – live | Trump tariffs

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 20, 2026

    Trump says he’s considering limited military strike against Iran

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 20, 2026

    Police search of Royal Lodge continues as Andrew released under investigation – live updates | UK news

    By Earth & BeyondFebruary 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Blackpink Share New Song “Jump” Amid Deadline World Tour: Watch the Video

    July 13, 202541 Views

    Bitcoin in the bush – crypto mining brings power to rural areas

    March 25, 202513 Views

    Honor of Kings breaks esports attendance Guinness World Record 

    November 10, 202511 Views
    Our Picks

    Eric Dane’s Friends Start GoFundMe To Support His Family

    Football gossip: Mateus Mane, Liam Delap, Robbie Keane, Casemiro, Harvey Elliott

    How to install Stardew Valley mods

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Earth & Beyond.
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Newsletter Signup

    Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest product or an exclusive offer.

    Enter your email address

    Thanks, I’m not interested